Hacienda López de Haro Limited Edition
All Bodega Hacienda López de Haro wines share something in common: grapes from the best wine regions of La Rioja, the dedication with which our winemakers work the vineyard and the affection that our winemakers devote to the elaboration of each wine. Only thus have we been able to create 3 collections like Hacienda López de Haro, El Pacto and Grandes Añadas.
Origin:A wine that is born following an extensive search for old vines in San Vicente de la Sonsierra, where Raul Acha and his team selected 39 plots of Tempranillo grapes, with a small portion of Mazuelo vines mixed in as well, to produce 312 barrels. The result is 89.930 bottles and 1.700 magnums of a full, yet fresh wine.
- Varieties: Tempranillo (90%) and Mazuelo (10%).
- Ageing: 14 months of aging in new and second-fill barrels of French oak (40%) and Hungarian oak (60%). A total of 312 barrels of 225 liters barrels has been produced (of which 89,930 bottles of 75 cl and 1700 magnum have been bottled).
- Harvest: Manual harvest in October.
- Vineyard: 18 hectares of vineyards selected from different plots within San Vicente de la Sonsierra, at an altitude of 530 m.
- Winemaking: 2 weeks of maceration. Controlled fermentation stopping at a minimum of 28 degrees.
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
- Colour: Medium robe with attractive garnet color.
- Nose: Spicy and smoked notes contributed by the mixture of oak from different origins and very good ripe fruit in which Tempranillo and Mazuelo come together to add complexity.
- Palate: Full, fleshy and fresh, a pleasant, lingering, balanced vine. A splendid example of the awesome terroirs of the San Vicente area.