Hacienda López de Haro Reserve
All Bodega Hacienda López de Haro wines share something in common: grapes from the best wine regions of La Rioja, the dedication with which our winemakers work the vineyard and the affection that our winemakers devote to the elaboration of each wine. Only thus have we been able to create 3 collections like Hacienda López de Haro, El Pacto and Grandes Añadas.
- Varieties: Tempranillo and Graciano.
- Ageing: 10 months in French oak barrels used 1 to 3 times.
- Harvest: Hand picked during the second and third week of October.
- Vineyard: Old vineyards with very low production settled on poor land of Ebro’s terraces in the area of San Vicente de la Sonsierra (La Rioja).
- Winemaking: Produced in 30.000 g vats. Fermentation at 28º. Maceration for 2 weeks.
- Alcohol content: 13,5% Vol
- Colour: Medium-high depth wine, ruby red colour with roof tile rim, which denotes its long barrel ageing and its peaceful bottle ageing.
- Nose: Powerful on the nose with primary aromas of ripe fruit accompanied by complex spicy and balsamic notes and a slight touch of vanilla.
- Palate: Balanced on the palate, it is a round and unctuous wine with ripe and sweet tannins, providing the wine with a long aftertaste: an elegant Rioja classic.
Silver Medal. International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014. London, UK. 2008 Vintage.
Silver Medal. Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2015. 2009 vintage
Bronze Medal. Decanter World Wine Awards 2016. UK. 2011 vintage
92 points. Robert Parker review 2012. 2005 vintage