Rioja Bordon Reserva
Tempranillo, Garnacha tinta and Mazuelo.
Once the selection of the fruit, the production is based on the stripping of the bunches and the gentle crushing of the berries. After the alcoholic fermentation and the malolactic deacidification the wine passes into an American white oak barrel (Ohio) medium toast. The Rioja Bordon Reserve remains in barrels for eighteen months and their upbringing is interrupted every six months to make the traditional racking barrel to barrel.
Bright ruby red color, their hallmarks in nose are a subtle toasty aroma, red fruits, sweet spices and light toffee touch. In mouth the Rioja Bordon Reserve displays a complex array of nuances where wood and fruit are perfectly assembled.
WINE AND FOOD PAIRING
Vegetables, ‘spoon dishes’, grilled meats or with sauces, roasts
- Gold medal. Spanish Wines for Asia, Hong Kong: 2006
- 90 Points. Guía Repsol, España: 2006
- 90 Points. Wine Advocate (Robert Parker), EEUU: 2004
- Gold medal. Decanter World Wine Awards: 2004
- 90 Points. Beverage Tasting Institute, EEUU: 2001
- 89 Points. Wine Enthusiast, EEUU: 2006
- Silver medal, Sélections Mondiales des Vin