Txakoli Pack Top Bizkaia
Pack of the best txakolis of the D.O. Bizkaiko Txakolina according to the scores received in recent times, Txakoli 42 Zura by Gorka Izagirre (Best white wine in the world in the Brussels 2019 world competition) and Txakoli MARKO Gure Arbasoak (94 Robert Parker points)
MARKO Gure Arbasoak
Txakoli MARKO Gure Arbasoak shows the full potential of regional grapes when they are harvested later and vinified like a still wine. The result is a more serious and mature style txakoli.
The vineyards are located in the Bizkaino town of Kortezubi, a small and old enclave of the Urdaibai reserve, known for its prehistoric caves, declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. The terrain of the vineyard is calcareous clay.
30% fermented in stainless steel tanks and the other 70%, fermented in fudres and used 500L French oak barrels. Once the fermentation is finished, the wine ages for 7 months in contact with its lees, both in fudres and in used 500L French oak barrels. The wine is bottled unfiltered. Marko Gure Arbasoak 2019 production: 12,000 bottles.
The nose shows aromas of ripe apple and pear, with floral touches. The fermentation in the barrel and the bâtonnages that are carried out add complexity and creaminess that are appreciated in the mouth, with a smoky touch and an elegant, mineral and long finish.
Txakoli Zura by Gorka Izagirre
Txakoli Zura was born in the cellars of Gorka Izagirre from the desire to wrap our Hondarrabi Zerratia variety with a clean and light oak that respects the character and personality of our grape. The must ferments in a 5,000-liter French oak vat, where, after turning into wine, it is aged on its fine lees. It is bathed for 10 months on a daily basis until the desired combination of fruit, wood and lees is reached, and then it is matured in the bottle for long months. A wine with its own personality, refined and full-bodied that combines perfectly with the most varied dishes that will grow in nuances and intensity over time.
Golden yellow color with greenish reflections; clean and intense aromas of ripe white fruit and citrus that are reminiscent of pink grapefruit. We also appreciate the toasted bread and pastries that denote its passage through wood. Powerful and glyceric on the palate with a ripe apple base together with notes of citrus and tropical fruits accompanied by subtle smoked notes together with toasted and butter notes, all wrapped in a fresh acidity that promises long life and a fantastic evolution. Intense and tasty.
A magnificent blend of the Hondarrabi Zerratia, its lees and the wood. The 42 pairs perfectly with grilled fish, white meat and smoked cheeses. A unique, subtle and sophisticated wine, a lover of good food.
There are no reviews yet.